 CAD / Development / 11127
Re: LDVIEW not working on Vista
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2011 21:00:04 GMT

ludo soete wrote:

What a'm i doing wrong, or is it the operating system?
Any help welcome.

Where did you install the programs? Both Vista and Windows 7 treat the
"C:\Program Files" folder hierarchy in a special, extra protected way. Many
'old' programs will work much better if installed outside of this folder,
for example create C:\OldPrograms and install them there instead.

It is also possible that those programs work better if you run them as
Administrator, as they will then have more unrestricted access to the file
folders and the Registry.

It is not enough to be logged in as Administrator (you still don't have full
access to everything), you must also right-click the shortcut, select
Properties and go to the Compatibility tab. There is a checkbox for "Always
run as Administrator" - try checking that, and test the program again.

Speaking from my job experience with older programs on Vista and Win7,
although I obviously haven't tested LDRAW tools there, only work related
programs. At home I still have XP, so I can't test this myself.

--
Anders Isaksson