 CAD / Development / 10882 (-10)
  Re: POV-Ray help needed

(...) A few things. First of all, both the LDraw file format and the POV file format support hierarchical compositions, so I think it's a good idea to leave things in their original hierarchy. So, instead of having a POV object for each part that is (...) (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: License questions

(...) Anybody... ? An alfa version of a pov export you'll find here: (URL) would really like to get an 'official' answer to this. (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  POV-Ray help needed

Hello all, I have been busy with POV-Ray export for LD4DStudio now and then for about two weeks now. It comes along quite nicely, but the results can be better. I am no POV-Ray expert so I'm looking for some tips from experienced users. An example (...) (16 years ago, 25-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  inlining parts with correct winding information

I am confused. Maybe someone can help me. If I have a file that is CW and I have a subfile that is CCW. I want to inline that subfile without having additional BFC statements. As far as I have understand BFC I have to rewind the lines in the (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Stl2dat merging plane triangles and quads to uniform surface?

(...) be sure I've tried all sorts of combinations but I get the triangles simulating the ndis primitives only in one corner, while it looks like that the other corners get merged: (URL) there something I haven't taken in consideration? BTW I use (...) (16 years ago, 23-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Stl2dat merging plane triangles and quads to uniform surface?

Hi Willy (...) There already exists such an option : -o4 : no merge to quadrangles All the options are listed here (URL) Would it further be possible to mirror all points on the y-axes right away with (...) Have you considered using a subpart the (...) (16 years ago, 22-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Stl2dat merging plane triangles and quads to uniform surface?

Hi Marc, authoring this part (URL) tried to simulate LDraw's "ndis" primitives to ease the substitution once the part is in dat shape. The STL preview showed the triangles at the corners of the various cylinders but it looks like STL2DAT merges (...) (16 years ago, 20-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dll file for use with Visual Basic Express

(...) I should be more clear with VB. I am talking about VBExpress that is a NET Framework language. As far as I understand with the NET Framework it is possible to use a DLL that is written in VB also with the other Framework languages. So maybe it (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dll file for use with Visual Basic Express

(...) I really should have responded to your original message before posting my message about LDView's parser. As far as I'm concerned, having a public VB parser for LDraw files would be great. I won't use it, but if others find it useful, that's (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: dll file for use with Visual Basic Express

(...) I know that LDView is a very good tool. And I know also that the code is under GPL. But there are people out there (me too) that do not know about C or C++. So it would be great to have a DLL to handle the core methods (and maybe objects) for (...) (16 years ago, 19-Jun-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact