 CAD / Development / 10722 (-20)
  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) I agree. It was inconsistent. I've provided DPM, DPCM, DPMM, and the values specified in meta commands are scaled appropriately. (16 years ago, 7-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) I agree. It was inconsistent. I've provided DPM, DPCM, DPMM, and the values specified in meta commands are scaled appropriately. (16 years ago, 7-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) I'm actually can provide all of the above and to the math, I just don't want to have units expressed in individual meta commands. I ony want one unit and to have it expressed in the resolution meta command. So I could even have DPDM..... (...) (16 years ago, 7-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) I'd say that DPM or DPMM make perfect sense. The thing is, your description said that units are all in CM or IN, and that M and MM aren't supported. And yet, you force the user to specify which units to use in either IN, M, or MM. That seems (...) (16 years ago, 6-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) When I looked around on the net I saw references to DPM and DPMM.... I didn't see DPCM.... it does make complete sense to use DPCM, but I wasn't sure people would think its a standard name. Kevin (16 years ago, 6-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) Shouldn't that be: 0 !LPUB RESOLUTION <value> (DPI|DPCM) Based on this: (...) --Travis (16 years ago, 6-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub 4 Status

(...) SNIP (...) Only one question is left! When can we get that? cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 6-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LPub 4 Status

I've got the math and implementation of resolution (dots per inch/meter/millimeter) as well as magnification for controlling model size relative to the page all worked out. Magnification 1.0 means a model that appears 8 inches wide will just fit in (...) (16 years ago, 6-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: LPub DPI control?

(...) Hi Rosco, I'm going to make my font dialog, and default font picker only work with scalable fonts. They are perfect for this kind of situation. I guess that is why they were created by Adobe a long time ago (I read the Wiki!) Thanks, Kevin (16 years ago, 6-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub DPI control?

(...) I learnt a fair bit fiddling with (URL) Freetype> in (URL) txt2dat>, which has to translate point size to ldraw units. Freetype makes it pretty easy, as it gives you a nice API that works for lots of scalable fonts. I chose not to support (...) (16 years ago, 6-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: LPub DPI control?

(...) I just found the following in my VB description: 1440 Twips = 1 inch 1 Twips = 1/20 point (DTP) 1 cm = 567 Twips 1 point = 0,3515 cm (72 dpi) maybe this is also useful. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 5-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub DPI control?

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote: SNIP (...) Maybe the following link does help you a little bit: (URL) you use truetype fonts it should not be a problem to print them in the correct size. cu mikeheide (16 years ago, 5-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub DPI control?

(...) Most of this feature is done. I had to identify every LPub meta-command that had something with the units of pixels, and treat them as a new class of "units", meaning known absolute distances (i.e. meters or inches.) Every time these values (...) (16 years ago, 5-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub DPI control?

(...) Hi Remi, I'm working on DPM and DPI now. Here is what I plan on doing: You set the page size in either inches or centimeters. You define the resolution in terms of DPI or DPM. You control the magnification. For example, if I have a 1 inch page (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Seam width in LDView

(...) It applies it to everything that it considers to be a part, but not a sub-part. A sub-part is any sub-file (or sub-sub-file, etc) of something that is determined to be a part. Adding an unofficial part header is the easiest way to convince (...) (16 years ago, 4-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Seam width in LDView

Hi Travis. What does LDView apply the seam width settings to? When doing some part dev, I noticed it was "shrinking" a moved part, in this case, 3070.dat which includes 3070a.dat. I guess it is because it is missing an official part header? Thanks (16 years ago, 3-Mar-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New LDraw part author tool and tutorial: Ytruder

(...) No, but I have had thoughts about a very similar tool. One that lists all (or at least the first one hundred) points mentioned in a dat-file. It shouldn't take that many minutes to rush together such a utility. But so far, I haven't taken the (...) (16 years ago, 14-Feb-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New LDraw part author tool and tutorial: Ytruder

Hello Tore, You are right, I should look more closely at LDraw script. Certainly a flexible tool... Would you already have a utility that converts a ldraw file (say with a path of lines) into a set of points coordinates usable by LDS? Philo (16 years ago, 14-Feb-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New LDraw part author tool and tutorial: Ytruder

(...) Since we all have different tastes and different ways to approach problems, the more the alternatives the better. But are you aware of that tasks like this can be taken on using LDraw Script? (URL) example, You define the first, top, line (...) (16 years ago, 31-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  New LDraw part author tool and tutorial: Ytruder

(2 URLs) Ytruder> utility creates a sheet of triangle and quads from a set of lines. This is done by extrusion in the LDraw Y direction (hence the name). Though somewhat similar to (URL) Coverer> it has a few other possibilities, such as the (...) (16 years ago, 28-Jan-08, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact