 CAD / Development / 10508
Re: LDraw coordinate system driving me crazy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:59:03 GMT

Jim Foltz wrote:

Any idea how I can translate this on export?

Google uses the right handed system but indeed rotated by 90 degrees,
LDraw also uses the right handed system but 180 degrees rotated.

It should not matter how you show the model, the coordinates are
interchangeable, but if you want to use sketchup for drawing LDraw stuff
you should indeed rotate 90 degrees around the x-axis to get the
standard orientation of parts people expect.

I don't get why LDview switches left and right because the only side's
that change are front/back and top/bottom.

Have you tested in mlcad, there you can see the axis.

Roland