 CAD / Development / 10506
Re: LDraw coordinate system driving me crazy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2006 18:57:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jim Foltz wrote:
   Hi,

Here’s my box test model in SketchUp. (The above model is the same model unfolded.)

When I export this model to a .dat and open it in LDView, the green side is the top-view, blue is the front view (as expected), and I would expect the right-view to be orange. But I get the red side as the right side.

Here is the right-view in LDView

Any idea how I can translate this on export?

That looks like a correct mapping to me. Unless I’m mistaken the red and orange are on the same sides in both pictures. The unwrapped boxes are definitely identical and unless you’ve moved them in one or the other the whole thing is right.

Tim