 CAD / Development / 10504
    Re: LDraw coordinate system driving me crazy —Timothy Gould
   (...) In LDraw +z is backwards, not forwards or more strictly +Z points away from the camera when X is right and -Y is up. Tim (17 years ago, 19-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

        Re: LDraw coordinate system driving me crazy —Jim Foltz
   Hi, Here's my box test model in SketchUp. (The above model is the same model unfolded.) (URL) When I export this model to a .dat and open it in LDView, the green side is the top-view, blue is the front view (as expected), and I would expect the (...) (17 years ago, 19-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

        Re: LDraw coordinate system driving me crazy —Timothy Gould
     (...) That looks like a correct mapping to me. Unless I'm mistaken the red and orange are on the same sides in both pictures. The unwrapped boxes are definitely identical and unless you've moved them in one or the other the whole thing is right. Tim (17 years ago, 19-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

         Re: LDraw coordinate system driving me crazy —Travis Cobbs
     (...) I agree with Tim. It looks fine to me. If there were any mirroring going on, then either the orange and red would be swapped on the unwrapped box, or the green and grey would be swapped. The picture in LDView has a rotated camera angle (...) (17 years ago, 19-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

        Re: LDraw coordinate system driving me crazy —Roland Melkert
   (...) Google uses the right handed system but indeed rotated by 90 degrees, LDraw also uses the right handed system but 180 degrees rotated. It should not matter how you show the model, the coordinates are interchangeable, but if you want to use (...) (17 years ago, 19-Nov-06, to lugnet.cad.dev)