 CAD / Development / 10219
Re: Bricksaic and txt2dat?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 23:19:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev, Ross Crawford wrote:

Note: txt2dat relies on the vector data being a series of closed contours. It also currently only supports the notion of foreground colour and background colour, specified on the command line, not in the source data. It might be better to do this as a separate project - dxf2dat or something.

Yeah, I was actually thinking the best thing would be to paste your ldraw triangle generator code right into the output code of autotrace. About a year ago I hacked a cheesy ldr output into autotrace, but it only does edge lines. I think we had some ideas about treating each color as the foreground and then adding up all the forgrounds to make the holes for the background. Or something like that. Anyhow, I got distracted before I dug too deep into the triangle code, probably because I realized we still needed the ldraw color bitmap posterizer.

Looks like that might be the best way to go. I haven’t looked at autotrace yet, how does it handle colour? Even if bricksaic converts it to the ldconfig colour pallette, I imagine the colours output by autotrace will still need to be converted back to LDraw values?

ROSCO