 CAD / Development / 10214
Re: Bricksaic and txt2dat?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 02:11:42 GMT

In lugnet.build.mosaic, Don Heyse wrote:
   In lugnet.build.mosaic, Bob Kojima wrote:
   Just a quick note to let you know that a Bricksaic 0.1.5 has just been released.

some of the most notable new features include:
  1. contrast and brightness controls
  2. part total on the map
  3. map can now be printed or saved
you can grab it here:

http://klickitat.fial.com/bob/partscatalog/download.php

Hey. You know the bricksaic interface is also a really nice fit for a program to reproduce patterned bricks in ldraw. I gave it a whirl posterizing the only pattern I had a scan of and it did a fairly nice job.

http://ldglite.sourceforge.net/bricsaic.png

You could use a few paint options to touch up the spotty pixels in the lego colored image. I imagine that’d be handy for mosaics as well.

Then all you need is a button that runs the image thru autotrace, followed by Rosco’s text2dat code (hacked up just a bit to handle autotrace output instead of freetype data). The results might just be good enough to pass the ldraw.org standards.

Whatcha all think?

Happy to investigate autotrace input, if someone can point me to a spec, or even better some code to parse it ;)

Some test data would be useful too...

ROSCO