 CAD / Development / 10213
10212  |  10214
Subject:
Bricksaic and txt2dat?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 00:28:59 GMT

In lugnet.build.mosaic, Bob Kojima wrote:
   Just a quick note to let you know that a Bricksaic 0.1.5 has just been released.

some of the most notable new features include:
  1. contrast and brightness controls
  2. part total on the map
  3. map can now be printed or saved
you can grab it here:

http://klickitat.fial.com/bob/partscatalog/download.php

Hey. You know the bricksaic interface is also a really nice fit for a program to reproduce patterned bricks in ldraw. I gave it a whirl posterizing the only pattern I had a scan of and it did a fairly nice job.

http://ldglite.sourceforge.net/bricsaic.png

You could use a few paint options to touch up the spotty pixels in the lego colored image. I imagine that’d be handy for mosaics as well.

Then all you need is a button that runs the image thru autotrace, followed by Rosco’s text2dat code (hacked up just a bit to handle autotrace output instead of freetype data). The results might just be good enough to pass the ldraw.org standards.

Whatcha all think?

Don