 CAD / Development / 10090
Re: Experimenting with camera.dat and look_at.dat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:22:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, James Reynolds wrote:
... and it gave:
object { camera_dot_dat matrix <-1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,-1,0,-72,0> }
object { look__at_dot_dat matrix <1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1,0,-36,80> }
... in the test000_dot_ldr declaration

A POV post-processor can easily locate them, REM them out and replace
the camera
statements.

I found that without any objects but lines, L3P will ignore files like
camera.dat, so I added a Lego part in each of them.

If Lars plans to include camera.dat support, we might need to think
about how we
wish it to work. So this is my discussion starter.

POV-Ray cameras can do alot.  Besides just having a location and
direction, you can have a zoom, focus, you can specify the direction in
the form of "look at", and more.  If you are going to have a
camera.dat, you might consider having it be able to do all of that.

See these links:

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/17/
http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/3.6.1/245/

James

Yes,I am very well aware of the multitude of camera settings POV offers, and I
haven't yet decided which way to go. The fastest way may be to run my own race
using my own META statements:
0 LDA CAMERA.POSITION x y z
0 LDA CAMERA.LOOKAT x y z
0 LDA CAMERA.ANGLE v
and so on.
But I still hope for some kind of standard.

/Tore