 CAD / Development / 10018
    Re: Mathematical assistance please —Ross Crawford
   (...) Or maybe another way to look at it (got this from old lecture notes): Goal: rotate about arbitrary vector A by alpha Idea: we know how to rotate about X,Y,Z So, rotate about Y by beta until A lies in the YZ plane Then rotate about X by gamma (...) (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Mathematical assistance please —Ross Crawford
     (...) Ooooops, I see now I was totally barking up the wrong tree, you need to WORK OUT the alpha angle, sorry. But transforming the co-ordinate system should still work. ROSCO (20 years ago, 6-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.dev)

        Re: Mathematical assistance please —Ross Crawford
   (...) OK, here's my VERY LAST word on the subject: Transforming both 4-4cyls S0-S1 and vector S1-S2: Rotate about Y by beta until S0-S1 lies in the YZ plane Rotate about X by gamma until S0-S1 coincides with +Z Rotate about Z by delta until S1-S2 (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jan-05, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)