 CAD / Development / *3495 (-5)
  Re: Clipping / CCW / CW / INVERT

(...) I was just pointing out that the clippability of transparent surfaces is a feature of the rendering program, and shouldn't be assumed in the description language. Steve (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: CW/CCW, vertex sequence, co-planar, convex

(...) Checking the order of points in a file should not depend on checking the inversion or subfiles for the file. That's why we've been talking about the 0 FACE UNKNOWN -- so parts of files can be fixed, even if the entire file can't be addressed. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Comprehensive meta-command list

Gary Williams wrote in message ... (...) "...not dependent on any other file..." Well, I hope you agree that files depend on the inside/outside-definition of subfiles? Otherwise a file wouldn't know whether or not to use the INVERT. /Lars (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Comprehensive meta-command list

Lars C. Hassing wrote in message <939367581.966085@ns.cci.dk>... (...) In addition to being easier to comprehend, it has the advantage that each part and primitive file only has to concern itself with its own vertex order, and is not dependent on (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Clipping / CCW / CW / INVERT

Rui Martins wrote in message ... (...) You mean six of one, half a dozen of the other. :) (...) it (...) Using 0 FACE CW|CCW|DS|UNKNOWN will also keep backward compatibility. Either way though, some quadrilaterals will need to be manually tweaked (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact