 CAD / Development / *3475 (-10)
  Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files

(...) My code worked too but my point was to say that the part is not correct, there could be some cases where it won't work and besides that, it won't look good if you render it with a program that has backface culling. How are you going to save (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files

(...) I guess you can download one from (URL) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files

(...) OK, then help out a Java-dummy: are there JDK's available on the net, or are they purchase-only? Steve (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Is the windscreen from set 4564 in ldraw?

I swear I saw a pov-ray rendering using this piece. It might have been made using another pov-ray library but I swear it had that piece. What is the part # of this part? Just so there is no confusion the rendering definatly was not using the boat (...) (25 years ago, 6-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MI/X (Was: LeoCAD for Linux (Was: Compiling MPD Builder/Splitter for DOS/Win?))

(...) Trouble...not sure. (...) (URL) all OSS, so it makes life easier. I beleive (don't know) that the VNC client for Mac is stable, it's just the server that is beta. You'll need the matching packages for your linux system. They come in .deb and (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files

(...) I choose rays so that they may orient one face. With this face I use a sort of flood-fill algorithm (please try to find on of my previuos message) to orient al neighbors. Once a face is oriented, I don't look at it anymore. But, your idea (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files

(...) Sorry Leonardo, but I checked 105 again my code: it does the right job! Ok, you can argue it's pure luck. In fact, it is! If a ray went through the hole between the flag and the rest of the piece, my code would invert the flag orientation. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: CW/CCW, vertex sequence, co-planar, convex, (115kB)

Steve Bliss wrote in message <37f9f5c6.74291430@l...et.com>... (...) not (...) inversion. (...) For WizardCAD I was intending to change the behavior of the mirror functions depending on what type of file the user opened the file as. If they open a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Track names (was Re: To Tore Eriksson)

(...) Don´t bother to dig the set up. Tore found an instuction scan at (URL) it clearly shows that the track parts from this set also have slots in them. Greetings, Manfred Moolhuysen. (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Comprehensive meta-command list

(...) The last three parameters define a vector, not angles. The nested commands are rotated <angle> degrees around the vector. To rotate 45 degrees around X, do: 0 ROTATE 45 1 0 0 ... To rotate -45 degress around Y, you can do this: 0 ROTATE 45 0 (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact