 CAD / Development / *3415 (-5)
  Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files

Jean-Pierre PARIS wrote in message <37F660FB.1EC77AC9@w...doo.fr>... (...) I see where you're coming from now. You're right. (...) could (...) It's starting to sound like user intervention would be needed in most, if not all, cases. Maybe it would (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files

(...) This isn't automatic, but what if the program interrogates the user to pick a side which is facing outward? From that information, the program could then mark-up all adjacent sides. If the program ran out of sides, it could re-interrogate for (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote in message ... (...) That works for me. I don't suppose there's an official standards-setting body of people charged with voting on extensions to the .dat format, is there? Maybe it's time to form one. -Gary (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Hidden surface removal, and vertex order in part/primitive DAT files

(...) Sorry, but I think that the even/odd algorithm only work on 'correct' solids. For example, if you take a 'bad' box made of 6 faces that have holes beween them, your algorithm can lit an inside face. And in some parts, such a situation exists. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact