 CAD / Development / *10150 (-10)
  Re: L3P v1.3 for Mac OSX

(...) Essentially the \r make it one big line. L3P says it has the wrong number of fields. Maybe it reads the buffer limit and tries again because there is a variety of error messages per file. Now that you ask I don't know how one can use fgets for (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: ldraw.org MOTM & SOTM Winners for November 2002

"Allister McLaren" <allistermclaren@bigpond.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H6HDAr.Kn0@lugnet.com... (...) particular (...) around (...) Well, I just fiddled with info I got thanks to Lars Hassing, and the PovRay forums, so *that's* where ground (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: L3P v1.3 for Mac OSX

(...) I wonder if this could be solved with something as simple as doing an fopen() with "wt" instead of just "w"? And... And... I just can't help myself here, sorry Lars... If the code were available you might get better, more helpful or accurate (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: L3P v1.3 for Mac OSX

(...) Well, I don't really know. As I said, James said to do this at the command line /Developer/Tools/SetFile -c "POV3" -t "TEXT" /Users/yourname/yourfile.pov and after doing that, the POV-Ray programs processed the files normally. I don't know why (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: L3P v1.3 for Mac OSX

(...) Sure, if you tell me what exactly what you want... /Lars (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: L3P v1.3 for Mac OSX

(...) How does it behave badly? Does it fail to read some lines? L3P uses fgets and then removes trailing \n and \r, but perhaps this fails on "old" mac files, which I believe use the CR ending. On MacOSX, \n is mapped to LF, so how do you read CR (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: L3P v1.3 for Mac OSX

(...) Erik, How did you render the POV files produced by l3p. Neither POV-Ray 3.1 (Classic) nor POV-Ray 3.5 (OS X) liked the file that l3p produced. When I dropped the file onto the applications incons in the Dock, the applications just ignored the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: L3P v1.3 for Mac OSX

Lars, I used L3P this weekend. Since this is my first time using it, I tested only very simple uses. No problems found, unless you consider it a bug that it behaves badly with CR line endings. It's hard to tell which input file it is complaining (...) (22 years ago, 4-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac)

  Re: True Type fonts and LDraw files

Niels, I'm not sure what to do about arrows that are hidden because the view angle hides it. Do you have any ideas? It seems to me that it is just like any other part that is hidden from view. You can't see it. Do you have ideas how to work around (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: True Type fonts and LDraw files

Thanks Jeroen, I guess there are multiple issues here. My original thoughts were primarily restricted to my LPub centric perspective, where we create step by step building instructions with a fixed view angle, and use rotation steps to virtually (...) (22 years ago, 3-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact