 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / Primitives / 396
Re: cylinders missing conditional lines?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 13:47:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
When using the 2-4cyli primitive I noticed one conditional line missing, so I
compared all different cyli primitives. Some have conditional lines at both
ends, some have not.
1-4cyli: conditional lines at both ends
1-8cyli: conditional line at one end only
1-16cyli: conditional lines at both ends
2-4cyli: conditional line at one end only
3-4cyli: conditional line at one end only
3-8cyli: conditional line at one end only
3-16cyli: conditional lines at both ends
5-8cyli: conditional lines at both ends

I also checked the 1-4con primitives:
All of them have conditional lines at both ends,
except 1-4con10: conditional line at one end only.

Should these primitives have conditional lines on both ends?

I have not checked the hi-res primitives so far.

This thread pops up from time to time and never seems to get
resolved.

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/primitives/?n=350&t=i&v=a

I think the problem is this:  If you fix the all the primitives, then
you really must check all the parts that use them.  So we end up
ignoring it and moving on.  If you're truely motivated, you can
fix all the cylinders to have conditional lines on both ends matching
the red ones in Travis' diagram.  But then the real work begins.

Have Fun,

Don