 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5825
Re: New Mockup: px8.dat - Plant Brick Round 1 x 1 x 2/3 with 3 Large Leaves
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2006 00:46:03 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Travis Cobbs wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tore Eriksson wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Eric Druon wrote:
Hi Tore,
First I want to wish you and everybody here a Happy New Year!
I made a small render using your leave and it's really nice. You'll tell me that
maybe you could smooth it a little but for me it's ok.
Thank you,
Eric

Hi Eric, and thanks! Happy New Year to you, too!

I know the leaf is unfinished, but I just wanted to make sure you're aware that
the leaf has some mis-placed polygons on the flat edge near the stem.  Given how
accurate the rest of the leaf seems to be, I figured I'd mention it.  It becomes
most apparent in a BFC-aware viewer with back-faces displayed in red and
front-faces displayed in green.

--Travis

Thanks Travis,

Yes I am aware of that flaw. I plan to:
* Fill that space
* Straighten up the triangular polygons a bit, hoping that this will decrease
the... prism effect(?) different rotation angles brings. (I can't express that
more accurately. Hope you know what I mean)
* Add some edges on the bottom "spine"
* And, of course, conditional lines

But this may take a very long time and I may even lose interest, so I thought it
was a good idea to release this quite useable version meanwhile.

/Tore