 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5769
  Re: New Part: 41530 Propellor 8 Blade 5 Diameter  [DAT]

Ok, here is the dat file reposted, one more time. It doesn't include any of your suggestions yet. I will work on that. Thanks for the feedback. I'll look at the model again and see if I can rig it up with sub-parts. I was worried that sub-parts will (...) (19 years ago, 1-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Part: 41530 Propellor 8 Blade 5 Diameter

(...) Using sub-sub-sub-parts is no problem, this currently happens to the stud group primitives, too. stug8.dat contains 4 references to stug4.dat stug4.dat contains 4 references to stug2.dat stug2.dat contains 4 references to stud.dat Niels (19 years ago, 1-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Part: 41530 Propellor 8 Blade 5 Diameter

(...) I'd recommend taking a balanced approach to nested sub-filing. A 48x48 area of studs could be NSF'ed to 22 lines of code, but would require 10 very trivial subfiles. This trades one kind of complexity (lots of code lines) for another kind of (...) (19 years ago, 1-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Part: 41530 Propellor 8 Blade 5 Diameter

(...) No, it's not an issue. Within a reasonable amount of error, of course. If subfiles are positioned orthoganally to each other, there should be no alignment errors. With this part, that's not possible. You can reduce the size of the calculation (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Part: 41530 Propellor 8 Blade 5 Diameter

(...) I don't expect it to be a problem, but if you do see seams, you can always have the subfile contain two blades, in which case the alignment between the files becomes exact. --Travis (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)