 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5615
Re: Minifig hair and hats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2005 20:42:38 GMT

Irregular pieces with limited need for subpart structure
and primitives, like minfig accessories and headgear,
strike me as the perfect thing to create with an interactive
3D modeling tool like 3dsmax, Maya, Rhino, Milkshape3D or
whatever people like to use, and convert it to DAT
with something along the lines of my emerging 3DS
to DAT converter. It's not finished yet, but it's
in a development state where it's getting useful:

http://www.itn.liu.se/~stegu/lego/ase2dat/

Doing a ponytail hair with a text editor would take
me forever. Doing a reasonably correct model in 3dsmax
would take me a while too, but it would certainly be
a lot faster and probably turn out better looking.

   Stefan Gustavson