 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5533
Re: Part building advice - too many triangles/quads?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 2004 13:59:30 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Chris Dee wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Chris Dee wrote:
This could save ~10% of the file size, but there's no easy tool
I know to round to 3DPs for you.

LDraw Design Pad can do this.  You can find it at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lddp

-Orion

Sorry Orion, I was not aware of that neat feature. I should get out of my
LDAO-centric world more often.

You can do it in LDAO as well, although there's no direct "round my decimals to
3 places" command.  First, open your file in the editor.  Second, go to Options
| Decimals, and enter 3.  Then put a line "0 SCALE 1" at the beginning of the
block of code you want to modify and "0 SCALE END" at the end of the block.
Select the block, and then go to Tools | LDL 2 DAT.

Obviously, if you need to do a lot of rounding, it will be faster to use LDD.
:)

Steve