 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5476
Re: Working on 6032.dat Brick 2 x 3 x 1 & 2/3 Octagonal offset
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 14:03:17 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Niels Bugge wrote:
   Isn’t it possible to modify the PT code a bit to make a “Pre PT list” where you could “add a number” (of the part you’re working on) as well as stuffing in abandoned parts that other can have? The only trouble would be to integrate them so the pre-list gets cleared when the parts is added to the PT to avoid cluttering, but perhaps it could be made a lot simpler by just allowing anybody delete the garbage.

That would be a really nice tool for authors.

-NB

I join to Niel’s opinion, it would be useful to have a so called “Working on” list to announce if an author is working on a certain part, to avoid duplicate efforts. The precursor of present day Part Tracker (I don’t remember its proper name) had this purpose too. Then authors was able to check that nobody is working on that part, how it is progressing, or is it abandonned etc.

It would be nice if the PT could somehow provide similar functionality.

Ampi