 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5386
5385  |  5387
Subject:
Getting started in Parts Authoring
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 06:18:08 GMT

As suggested by Neils, I'm moving my inquiries on the basics of parts authoring
to this forum.

In CAD, I asked how to add a new MLCAD folder to store primitives, sized-up
primitives and parts-of-other-parts.  The reply was simple enough.  It did have
a caveat that implied there were better ways to access the primitives.

So, how do I setup MLCAD to work with primitives, sized-up primitives and
parts-of-other-parts (sub-parts)?  Also, do you folks have any tips on alignment
and a checklist for quality control?

As always, your help is most gratefully appreciated.

-Edwin

By the way, I will be teaching kids how to do this (hopefully) in the winter
term.