 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5307
Re: Problem with click hinge part(s)?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 17:22:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Chris Dee wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Ross Crawford wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Chris Dee wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Ross Crawford wrote: • <SNIP>

OK Chris, I've gotta disagree here - I just measured a representative sample
of my click hinges, and the lugs are ALL closer to the top of vertical end
wall than the bottom. The position of the lug in your new version is
definitely incorrect. Whether thats a problem with the primitive or the
sub-part I don't know, but it definitely needs changing.

ROSCO

We are both partially right - but there is a generic problem with these parts.

The important dimension is the position of the axis of rotation of the click
hinge, relative to the brick. For the geometry to work this must be the same
distance down (+y) from the top surface of the brick as it is across (+x) from
the end of the brick.

And this dimension needs to be 10LDu for the following configuration to work,
which it does:

0 Untitled
0 Name: tr30386.dat
0 Author: MLCad
0 Unofficial Model

1 7 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 30386.DAT
1 7 60 0 -20 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 30386.DAT
1 7 40 -8 -10 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3795.DAT
1 7 40 40 0 0 -1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 30386.DAT
1 7 40 40 -20 0 -1 0 -1 0 0 0 0 -1 30386.DAT
0

So the position of the click hinges are now correct in the revised s/30387s01 on
the Parts Tracker.

What is wrong (on all of these click hinge bricks) and why you see what you do,
is the dimensions of the diagonal chamfer below the click hinges. These are 1LDu
too large, decreasing the visible surface of the end wall confounding your
measurements.

I'm not sure how this slipped through the parts review process (especially as we
have updated these all once already), but I'll work on the revisions and post
here when I've something to show.

Chris

New versions of the 1x4 parts are on the PT now

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/30387.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/s/30387s01.dat

Comments please, before I apply the same changes to the other parts.

Chris