 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4879
Re: Car Wash Brush Subpart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2003 08:13:00 GMT

Chris Dee wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Bernd Broich wrote:
Hi all,

I've a question about the Car Wash Brush Subpart I created.
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/s/2473s01.dat
Steve Bliss gave me a hold vote on this but I don't realy
understand his arguments:

"I reviewed too soon. These bristles are not radiating straight
out from the center. They are turned slightly in a counter-clock-
wise direction."

At my real parts the stubs are coming out of the cylinder
like I made the part. Does somebody else could help us here?

CU Bernd

I think Steve is suggesting that if you extend the centre lines of
each bristle, they should pass though the x=0, z=0 line. If you look
at this subpart from above, the bristles do not seem to radiate from
the part origin - the seem skewed.

OK, thanks for this. You're right, I missed that.

CU Bernd