 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4622
Re: 2867.dat Curved 9V Track - reddy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 10:06:46 GMT

Once they've done this, the edge of the track will be aligned with the studs
in the rest of their model.  Then they place the track where it needs to go.

I think (this is IMO, not hard facts) that it would be better to position
the part so that one end of the track was aligned along an axis.

Let me know what you think -- I'm a little tired right now, my analysis may
be incomplete.

Steve

I think it is incomplete. If I understand your suggustion correctly, that
would only work in one curve direction, left or (exclusive or) right.

Also, the curved single-rails 3229a, 3229b, and 3230a are not aligned that way.

I think a better idea would be to make shortcuts inspired by the n-nedge and
so on primitives. That, or using programs like LTrax will make it very easy
to build tracks regardless orientation.

/Tore