 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4572
  Darth Vader Helmet on Parts tracker

Hi, I just wanted to let you all know that I posted the Darth Vader minifig helmet to the parts tracker last night. (URL) you download it, be sure to get all the unofficial primitives. Paul (21 years ago, 29-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Darth Vader Helmet on Parts tracker

Incredible. I've been interested in doing the Stormtrooper helmet (since I don't have quite the budget to be forking out $3+ for Stormtroopers) so I can model large scenes involving them. But I'm blanking on how to tackle such a small detailed part. (...) (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Darth Vader Helmet on Parts tracker

(...) Yes, please elaborate on you technique. I'm interest in how all part authors model complex parts. This is something I've been meaning to ask for a while now but just haven't remembered. -Orion (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Darth Vader Helmet on Parts tracker

(...) FYI, I have fixed a few small errors on this part and have reposted it. Paul (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Darth Vader Helmet on Parts tracker

(...) Well, the Vader helmet has taken a very long time. Since about June of 2002. Keep in mind that there have been periods of several months of no ldraw... If you do decide to make one of the helmets, be sure to let us know so we don't take the (...) (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Darth Vader Helmet on Parts tracker

(...) Here is a Link to an older posting showing pictures of the Helmet in process. (URL) (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Darth Vader Helmet on Parts tracker

(...) And don't forget to visit the "Parts in process" section, they are all so incredible! Too sad I have no Vader Helmet, sure I would review your part, Thanks Paul, damien (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Darth Vader Helmet on Parts tracker

(...) I'm not in any rush to do so. I'm still gaining experience from doing more symmetrical parts. I can see that the Stormtrooper's helmet could take as long or longer than Vader's helmet. The Rebel helmet could be done in a much shorter time: (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Darth Vader Helmet on Parts tracker

(...) Mine cost about $25.00 US. All you really need is precision to 1/64 inch since about 1/64 = 1 LDU -Orion (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)