 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4577
Re: Darth Vader Helmet on Parts tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 21:35:45 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Orion Pobursky writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, John Riley writes:
So far, the only technique that I've thought up is to take photographs from
the 6 axis viewpoints and map the points that way using the pixel locations
(two images are needed to get all three coordinates for each point).  It
seems that you may have a better technique for doing complex detailed parts.
Would you care to share a few tips?

Yes, please elaborate on you technique.  I'm interest in how all part
authors model complex parts.  This is something I've been meaning to ask for
a while now but just haven't remembered.

-Orion
Here is a Link to an older posting showing pictures of the Helmet in process.

http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=7372

Paul