 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4561
  New Primitive Class

Actually, it's not a new primitive, but it doesn't fit under the current naming scheme. My current 33089 (in PT) is a rather bulky file (55KB), so to streamline it, I decided to make a few new primitives. One of these was a torus with major radius 1 (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Primitive Class

(...) You might be surprised at how close t04o9999.dat would come. I can't see that it's any worse than the current t04o3333.dat file. Actually, I think I'm going to modify LDView to recognize nnnn in the minor fraction (where n is 0-9) to be (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Primitive Class

(...) I'm not terribly surprised. This is a great solution, as then, if for some reason in the future, inverse ratio tori are needed, they can use the same convention, just a different starting letter and inverting the ratio as appropriate in the (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Primitive Class

(...) When Steve and I were working on the format for the torii, I believe we said we would deal with this issue when it arose. Now it has. (...) The spreadsheet I made to create p/16 and p/48 torii also included support for this occurance. (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Primitive Class

(...) I checked some geometry websites, and the consensus is that these are tori. Just not the common type. (...) Inverse-ratio torus is a better name, but is fairly lengthy. An inverted torus, I think, is still a torus, just with the surfaces (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Primitive Class

(...) This topic still needs some approval before we nac move it to finalization. We have been discussing torii(toruses) where the tube radius is equal or greater than the major radius. This only works for the outside sections since the inside (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Primitive Class

(...) If we can only create outside sections,[1] why not keep the leading t, but change the i/o/q? Maybe x, for extended? As for the ratio decimals in the file name, instead of noting the tube:major ratio (which is >1), use the inverse major:tube (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)