 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4458
Re: Container Box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 16:11:25 GMT

Jaco,
I have a picture of both boxes on my Comparison Pages:

There are many parts with a solid/hollow stud variant. To my knowledge the
mold number on the part doesn't change with that variation. The solid stud
versions are older, and the hollow stud versions are the current version.

The five digit mold number is usually for the transparent version of the
part. There are several 4/5 digit variations for solid/trans parts. Since
most transparent parts are newer, they may only exist in the hollow stud
version.

Hope that helps,
Clark Corner

Visit my Vintage Parts and Comparisons pages, submissions always welcome:

Looking for a minifig, head, or torso? Try my helper:
http://www.ozbricks.net/clark/VisualMiniHelper.html

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Jaco van der Molen writes:
Hi all,

Flicking through some old building instructions I found this one:

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6980/6980-02.html

This car has a Container Box with closed studs. Has it for real? In other
words: does the Container Box with closed studs exist?

We have these in LDraw:

4345.DAT      Container Box  2 x  2 x  2
4346.DAT      Container Box  2 x  2 x  2 Door with Slot

30060.DAT     Container Box  2 x  2 x  2
30059.DAT     Container Box  2 x  2 x  2 Door with Slot

I noticed Steve Bliss made 30060 and 30059 for this reason:

"Part 30060(59) is a counterpart of 4345(46). Visually, the two parts seem
identical. This file is provided to make it easier to locate part files when
using the numbers imprinted on the actual parts."

IMHO 4345 could then have closed studs and have 4346 as door if question
above is true...

Any thoughts?

Jaco