 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4455
Re: Container Box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2003 18:12:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Jaco van der Molen writes:
Hi all,

Flicking through some old building instructions I found this one:

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6980/6980-02.html

This car has a Container Box with closed studs. Has it for real? In other
words: does the Container Box with closed studs exist?

We have these in LDraw:

4345.DAT      Container Box  2 x  2 x  2
4346.DAT      Container Box  2 x  2 x  2 Door with Slot

30060.DAT     Container Box  2 x  2 x  2
30059.DAT     Container Box  2 x  2 x  2 Door with Slot

I noticed Steve Bliss made 30060 and 30059 for this reason:

"Part 30060(59) is a counterpart of 4345(46). Visually, the two parts seem
identical. This file is provided to make it easier to locate part files when
using the numbers imprinted on the actual parts."

IMHO 4345 could then have closed studs and have 4346 as door if question
above is true...

Any thoughts?

Jaco

Just checking my spare parts I find the following :

This part definitely exists with solid studs, in Black, Blue, Red, White and
Yellow and I have examples of all these colours with 4345 moulded on.

With hollow studs I have it in Black, Grey, Red, Yellow and TransFluorOrange,
again all with 4345 moulded on.

The only examples I have to hand with 30060 are in TransFluorOrange and these
are all hollow stud versions. Most of my doors don't have numbers, but the only
one that does is TransFluorGreen as has 10059. We've seen this before - new
parts numbers (in this range) for Trans parts.

So I think what we should have in the library is

4345.dat  ~Moved to 4345b.dat
4345a.dat Container Box  2 x  2 x  2 with solid studs
4345b.dat Container Box  2 x  2 x  2 with hollow studs
30060.dat Container Box  2 x  2 x  2 with hollow studs
- just "1 16 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 4345b.dat"

I'll post these new/amended files to the Parts Tracker - including fixing a
problem with the underside, and doing the BFC compliance.

Chris