 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4349
Re: Outsourcing tasks: Who wants to make the Point Switch Tongue?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 18:22:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Ludo Soete writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tore Eriksson writes:
http://home.swipnet.se/simlego/pix/point.jpg (24k)

<SNIP>
Verry nice work, i would like to create the 9V point(s) but my largest
problem is to figure out how to get the XYZ coordinates from the curved rails !

As long as it's straight, no problem, but with curved rails ......so any
help from anyone on this side is welcome

Thanks. This will be my Magnum Opus i LDraw, and this time I will not fail,
as I did the horse.

I wish I could explain how I make the curved rails, but I probably won't be
able to make it understandable even in Swedish. It's all about calculating
the radius and the origin of each curve, chop it up in segments of 0.5
degrees and use sin and cos until your calculator starts smelling burnt.

/Tore