 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4236
Re: Maersk parts & national flag
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:36:23 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Pedro Silva writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Rene Virsik writes:
  Hi all,

has someone made some Maersk parts with Maersk white star sign ?
And my second question - is here someone who can make national flags and who
WANT make them ? I'm interesting in our national flag (Slovakia).

Hi Rene,

I'm actually quite interested in the topic of national flags: PLUG has just
opened up a contest for its logo, and one of the possibilities is to depict
a portuguese flag in LEGO... which is a real challenge, both because of the
colours and the intricate shield in the middle.
I think I understand your difficulty in finding a good design for the slovak
flag, the shield will probably prove difficult to handle - but the good side
is, only three colours are needed!

Do you have MLCAD? We could start a cooperative project, to design the
slovak flag in LEGO (a mosaic, perhaps, or a SNOT construction). Even though
I don't have "real" parts to start the project, I am definately interested
in your idea, and would like to know if you have anything in your mind already.

Regards,

  Heya Pedro !

I have ML-Cad but I have many work with my other projects. ;) I was only
interested if someone could make this (Slovak) flag. It's tricolore (white,
blue, red) with shield. This shield is also 3-color. I can send you a
picture of it.
I prefere this old LEGO flag (LDraw use it for the flags of Grat Britain,
Germany, Belgium, etc.). In my opinion you should do it in .DAT file. You
can look at some other flag, remove the original pattern and add yours. But
IMHO it;s a little complicated. ;) So don't know a better way to do it.

What I need now - are the MAERSK logos (white star on light-blue background)
and "MAERSK" writnings on some parts. Hmmm....

So.. that's all for now.
Good luck ! ;)

Rene