 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4232
Re: Maersk parts & national flag
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 00:06:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Rene Virsik writes:
  Hi all,

has someone made some Maersk parts with Maersk white star sign ?
And my second question - is here someone who can make national flags and who
WANT make them ? I'm interesting in our national flag (Slovakia).

Hi Rene,

I'm actually quite interested in the topic of national flags: PLUG has just
opened up a contest for its logo, and one of the possibilities is to depict
a portuguese flag in LEGO... which is a real challenge, both because of the
colours and the intricate shield in the middle.
I think I understand your difficulty in finding a good design for the slovak
flag, the shield will probably prove difficult to handle - but the good side
is, only three colours are needed!

Do you have MLCAD? We could start a cooperative project, to design the
slovak flag in LEGO (a mosaic, perhaps, or a SNOT construction). Even though
I don't have "real" parts to start the project, I am definately interested
in your idea, and would like to know if you have anything in your mind already.

Regards,

Pedro