 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4089
  New Part in progress - Baseplate 32 x 32 with Craters

hi folks, have a look at the "beta-version" of the part I'm currently working on and tell me what do you think. any suggestions and critical statements are welcome, but please consider that some areas still need a lot of refinement. especially the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Part in progress - Baseplate 32 x 32 with Craters

(...) I like it, very nice work. (...) I think a closed bottom will work as I don't see a functional reason to have it not be (plus the save in file size will be good). -Orion (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Part in progress - Baseplate 32 x 32 with Craters

(...) Hi Willy, Wow, I am positively impressed. The helmet, and now the crater plate: you are a significant classic space contributor. Save time and effort: a flat bottom is ok for me. Congratulation, Damien (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Part in progress - Baseplate 32 x 32 with Craters

Oh, my! Most impressive. :-D (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Part in progress - Baseplate 32 x 32 with Craters

(...) Wow! I think you've definitely got sufficient detail there. (...) If you include a comment in the part file, indicating that the bottom is modeled as a flat surface to reduce the size/complexity of the part, I think that would be alright. (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Part in progress - Baseplate 32 x 32 with Craters

(...) Hi Willy, Your part looks very good, it is amazingly detailed. My only comment is that in the case of a complex freeform shape like this hill, there are few chance to find neighbouring and coplanar triangles that can be substituted by one (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Part in progress - Baseplate 32 x 32 with Craters

hi ampi, sorry for the late reply but I was abroad for a few days. (...) hmm... thanks for the hint. I started doing part-authoring just a few months ago and I'm not very familiar with all the ldraw-specifications. (...) I use Reflections 4.3. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New Part in progress - Baseplate 32 x 32 with Craters

(...) Huh, this is a real photogrammetry project with aerial pictures, orthophotos, digital elevation model, map processing etc. The next obvious step in the future is to apply GPS technology to capture the Lego landscape :-). Congratulations, Ampi (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)