 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 35
Re: Unofficial part: 2852 Technic Connecting Rod
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 06:07:45 GMT

"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> writes:

The edge I'm talking about is parallel to the "left-out" edge to which you
point, to the right and down a little.

Ah, yes.  I saw it at once when I got home and pushed "wireframe mode".
Thanks for the hint.

You might consider modeling this curve from two quads rather than 1,
though, or even better use a 1-8cyli.dat so it looks nicely rounded
in POV-Ray.

Yes, I should probably do that.  I'll let the project rest for a couple
of days right now, and see if I can get back to it later.

This part is really quite small, so I don't want to spend all too much
effort on it, but having a smooth surface in POV-Ray would be nice, I
can see that.  I'll see what I can do.

Fredrik