 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 3483
Re: New Part - 2587 Knights Armor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:45:47 GMT

"Chris Dee" <chris_w_dee@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:GtnGow.LJJ@lugnet.com...

I tried this with real parts and find that there is a conflict in real life.

If I put the head on the torso+armour first then add the helmet then the chin
strap does not go as far below the grin as when I put the helmet on the head
alone.

If I put the helmet on the head, add the combo to the torso+armour it is the
chin strap of the helmet which touches first. IfI then _carefully_ remove the
helmet, I see than the head is not flush against the armour.

The difference in both cases is around 2LDu. If I take your example above and
shift the helmet up to 0 -29 0 then I no longer see the overlap.

I am quite willing to accept that there may be a problem with the helmet (a new
version on the PT corrects the ugly gaps at the rear), but I believe that this
is a genuine case where the real parts do not fit as well as they might.

Can anyone else confirm my observations ?

You are right, there is a difference. I would say that we could life with that.
The head should be at -28 an the helmet at -29 LDU, so the difference isn't to big.

CU Bernd