 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2886
Re: "Tore's" boxes, special file naming instructions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 14:05:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Michael Horvath writes:

This is regarding the "officialization" of Tore's boxes (I'll call them
ttore boxes, for short),

I'm still thinking about this.  Awhile ago, there was discussion of having a
"0 DETAIL" meta-statement, to identify which lines in a DAT were critical
for rendering, and which lines filled in the details.  This approach could
be used to reduce rendering, without having separate files.

And we might need to address dat simplifications separately from POV-Ray
simplifications...

and the making of new boxes have no corresponding
Lego part.

Hmm.  I think I can clearly state that non-LEGO-part files won't be included
in the LDraw part library.  I just don't see it happening.

Now, if we can put together some additional geomtric shapes, and add them to
the primitives library, that would be OK, and might help.

Steve