 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2516
  Updated part: Tile 2x2 with Explorien Pattern  [DAT]

Hello! I allowed myself to update that part. Original was made by Steve Bliss. I rescanned the image, squeezed it through BMP-2-Dat32 and voilà... Look at the result by yourself. At higher quality the part has an even smaller file size than the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Updated part: Tile 2x2 with Explorien Pattern

Not a bad job Cartsen. What resolution did you scan at? And what settings did you use in BMP-2-Dat32? I tried to do that big round plate form Nawhonics' pod and the file was sooooo huge. It was funny how long it took to calculate too. Hehe, but, (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Updated part: Tile 2x2 with Explorien Pattern

Hello Scott, OK.. i do the following steps: 1) First I scan the part at a high resolution and load it into Corel Photopaint. 2) I crop it so the relations of width and height are right. 3) I count the colors of the lego part and let Photopaint (...) (24 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Updated part: Tile 2x2 with Explorien Pattern

(...) In general, it's OK for me. I never mind someone coming up with better versions of files I did. And this file looks better than the original! But (also in general), BMP2DAT is not the way to go with patterns. DAT just doesn't handle raster (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Updated part: Tile 2x2 with Explorien Pattern  [DAT]

(...) I agree with Steve. This Exploriens tile is better than the first one. But vectorized (coordinate-based) patterns display better than rasterized (pixel-based) ones. That is why I still have not completed my road sign "highway marker" pattern. (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

"Steve Bliss" <steve.bliss@home.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:cp0pctkavlnu27v...4ax.com... (...) silver (...) Yes. I will look forward to that. Generally I am agreeing with you. I really would like to be able to create in a verctor based program (...) (24 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)