 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2518
Re: Updated part: Tile 2x2 with Explorien Pattern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 23:45:22 GMT

Hello Scott,

OK.. i do the following steps:

1) First I scan the part at a high resolution and load it into Corel
Photopaint.

2) I crop it so the relations of width and height are right.

3) I count the colors of the lego part and let Photopaint reduce the colors
to the count*2 of it..

4) Then I edit the palette by hand so i can adjust similar colors to the
same value.

5) Then I reduce the colors to the real color count.

6) When the the resulting pic should be 40x40 LDU  I decrease the size of
the pic to the LDU*2 (important: _without_ antialiasing)
     That means in this case I decrease the pic to 80x80 pixels (Explorien
logo)

7) I edit the resulting pic and smooth edges and set pixels.... just what i
can do to make it look better.
    I give the background color a really weired color so I can find it
easily in BMP-2-LDraw32.

8) Then I load it into BMP2LDraw32 and let it calculate with a setting of
0.5 because 80 pixels/0.5=40 LDU

9.) I look at the result in LDView and adjust the colors loading it into a
notepad with Search and Replace (if needed)

10.) I load the dat file of the pice i want to put the logo on in a text
editor and prepare the piece (removing the related face. FOr the explorien
tile i just have change the primitve from box5.dat to box4.dat so it is a
open box). I check everything with LD-View/ML-Cad . Then I copy and paste
the calculated logo into the dat file.

11.)  I load the whole dat file  in ML-CAD... mark all lines belonging to
the logo and move it to the right position. Save it... done..!

It seems to be a lot of work but it is not that bad. I needed for the
Explorien logo uhmmm.... i think an hour.

Greetings,

Carsten