 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2118
Re: Darth Maul minifig head - hints and tips?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:12:39 GMT

"Franklin W. Cain" <fwcain@yahoo.com> wrote in message
How're things going on this?

It's getting there. I've got the main parts of the pattern done, I'm
currently adding the outer edge around the face. The biggest problem I've
got at the moment is that I've forgotten all my maths! I was the only person
to get distinction for GCSE extended maths, (exams at 16 in the UK, my year
was the first to take GCSE which replaced the GCE certification), I took
maths and further maths at A-Level, I even did an engineering degree that
was heavily maths based, and in just 6 years of working here writing
software I've forgotten it all. I can't remember how to calculate the Z
co-ord for a point given that it lies in a known plane (I need this maths so
I can place the triangles and quads making up the parts of the pattern on
the upper and lower curved surfaces of the face in the right Z position).
Once I've got this sorted I can put the triangles and quads that make up the
non-patterned part of the head into the spaces and it should be finished -
given that I've got 3 new servers to build and install, plus a new firewall
to install and configure and our company is about to start rolling a whole
new application to run the business on things are a bit hectic but I might
be able to get it finished for next week.

Dan