 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 2100
Re: [part] Updated S\973S01.DAT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 17:28:13 GMT

973p00 is indeed a suitable name for blank torso with a neck mark -
but does this actually exist? I cannot find one amongst my minifig
population, and had assumed that the neck mark is only needed on
printed torsos, to act as a registration mark to ensure the arms get
inserted correctly.

If anyone can confirm the existance of a genuine plain torso with a
neck mark (not a pirate torso with the pattern removed to make a torso
for 6040 Blacksmiths Shop !!), please respond and I'll produce that
part.

I would think that the most likely candidate for this would be
the very set you referenced (<set: 6040 Blacksmith's Shop>),
a set which I regret to say that I do not have.

But, I do have a Blacksmith, from a recent trade, and after
examining this minifig, I see what may be traces of a neck-mark
that has mostly worn away, FWIW.  Insufficient/inconclusive;
I must defer to someone else who can provide more complete info.

Franklin