 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1938
Re: New Part whole 6002 (needs work)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 06:32:05 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Mark Kennedy writes:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Brad Hamilton writes:
Oh Yeah!

I've been waiting forever for this part!  I love to use the straight
version.

I checked out your part.  It looks really good.  My only possible complaint
is that the 1x2 straight portion at the very bottom (that would accept 2
studs in a row) looks too "clear" in POV-RAY when I make it
trans-light-gray. I can even see this on MLCAD. • Oops, I'll have to fix that...
Unfortunately, I am not
enough of a parts expert to know what might be missing (or if I am just
noticing some artifact and the part is actually fine).  Anyhow, even with
this, it is plenty good enough to use.  I plan to put it to work right away!

By the way, the sub-part for this also shows up in my MLCAD parts selection
area.  Is there some way to make it so I can use this sub-part as part of
the main part, but so it doesn't show up in MLCAD?

thanks

You could possibly move the half part to /S subdirectory in parts. That may
help

Hi, I'm no part expert, either, but I did notice that some quads were
missing in the lower section of this part.  Also, the sides are missing
quads (I realize you already know this).  Unfortunately, you will have to
create your own ring subpart for this (then post it), or fill the space with
individual quad primitives (and repost it).  Please don't be discouraged,
because this is a great part!  It just needs to have a second draft.

Also, for future reference, whenever you use subparts, make sure you use
"s/" (no spaces) as a prefix when entering the subpart in your main part.
This will cause whatever viewer/editor the end-user utilizes to look for the
subpart in the PARTS/S folder. Now once you've done this, when the end-user
places the subpart in his/her PARTS/S folder, MLCad will not "show" the
subpart, just the finished product.

I hope I've been clear enough here, but if not, either ask me in a posting,
or email me at:

enimor@earthlink.net

Once again, Good job!
Excellent first draft!