 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 176
175  |  177
Subject:
Stickers (Was: x740 Minifig Vest)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 14:45:03 GMT

Terry K <legoverse@geocities.com> wrote in message
news:377c79d9.3353124@lugnet.com...
On Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:32:57 GMT, Tore Eriksson
<tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> wrote:

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tore Eriksson writes:
In December, I made a minifig vest. I can't see it in LDraw. Didn't I
submit it, or was it turned down?

/Tore

Do you mean part 3840?  Hmmm..  Must be, it has your name, and was in • update
99-01.  :)

Jeff

Yes, thanks Jeff!

I didn't know it has been renumbered. Well, then the question arises again: • how
do we treat [parts with] stickers?
I suggest like this:

0 Minifig Vest with Danger Stripes Stickers
0 Name: 3840p01.dat
0 Author: Tore Eriksson 1999
0 Unofficial Part

Stickers are a problem.
The current stance is to not accept parts with stickers.  Preprinted parts
only. This is because there are an infinite number of ways a sticker could • be
applied to a piece.
In the future, it would be nice to have stickers as separate files, which • the
user could place on any piece.  But right now, that doesn't work too well, • as
the appearance of the sticker is poor.
So for now, just plain and printed pieces.

-- Terry K --

I think we should allow stickers.  Granted they won't look spectacular in
LDraw or LDLite right now, but they should still come out great in POV-Ray,
which is what we generally use when we want beautiful output anyway.

The stickers should be offered just like any part, with a thickness equal to
the actual thickness of the sticker.

Even in LDraw, if the stickers look poor, at least they demonstrate where a
stickered part should go.

-John Van