 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 175
Re: 3840p01 Minifig Vest with Danger Stripes Stickers (Was: x740 Minifig Vest)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 1999 08:40:09 GMT

On Thu, 1 Jul 1999 15:32:57 GMT, Tore Eriksson
<tore.eriksson@mbox325.swipnet.se> wrote:

Jeff Stembel wrote:

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Tore Eriksson writes:
In December, I made a minifig vest. I can't see it in LDraw. Didn't I
submit it, or was it turned down?

/Tore

Do you mean part 3840?  Hmmm..  Must be, it has your name, and was in update
99-01.  :)

Jeff

Yes, thanks Jeff!

I didn't know it has been renumbered. Well, then the question arises again: how
do we treat [parts with] stickers?
I suggest like this:

0 Minifig Vest with Danger Stripes Stickers
0 Name: 3840p01.dat
0 Author: Tore Eriksson 1999
0 Unofficial Part

Stickers are a problem.
The current stance is to not accept parts with stickers.  Preprinted parts
only. This is because there are an infinite number of ways a sticker could be
applied to a piece.
In the future, it would be nice to have stickers as separate files, which the
user could place on any piece.  But right now, that doesn't work too well, as
the appearance of the sticker is poor.
So for now, just plain and printed pieces.

-- Terry K --