 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1646
Re: new part- UCS X-wing canopy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 22:36:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Rick Hallman writes:
Keywords tell Ldraw/MLCad what to put it under in the library (i think). If it
is a minifig hat it will put it under minifig catagory.

Gosh, all I thought Ldraw/MLCad used for sorting was the "0 line"
comment; the first word is what mklist.exe uses for organization if you select
sort by description by either entering a 'd' during running of the program
(the hard way) or if you run the program with a ' -d' suffix (the easy way).

Anyway, the file I uploaded is an .mpd file, so you either have to use
a 'splitter' to separate it into .dat files and place each of them in the
Ldraw/Parts directory, and then run mklist.exe; OR you have to use the more
primitive method (the way I do it, I must confess):

Open the .mpd file in MLCad.  Now click on 'Multipart' to get the drop-down
menu, and select 'remove model'. At this point, MLCad will give you a menu
of .dat files within the .mpd file.  Select and remove all the files but one
(one at a time, unfortunately. No multiple selections, at least not in my
version).  Now, with only one .dat file in the '.mpd' file, you can
click 'File/Save as' and enter the part name as the filename and (important)
make sure the filetype selected is .dat, NOT .mpd.  Make sure all four .dat
files make it into the Ldraw/Parts directory, then run mklist.exe, and both
the naked part and the decorated one should appear in your part list
as 'Windscreen 6 x 12 x 2 from UCS X-wing'.

If, however, you don't have the ridiculous amount of patience that I do, maybe
you should just use the .mpd splitter.  It can be found at:
www.ldraw.org/downloads/software/.