 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1381
1380  |  1382
Subject:
[new part] Animal Bird (falcon)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:02:39 GMT

Here is the first version of the falcon that I feel confident releaseing to
the public.  This is the first piece I have modeled and I chose a difficult
piece to do.

I now have pov views of the file on my webpage.
http://www.student.ipfw.edu/~osbodr01/falcon/falcon.html

You can get a copy of the dat file here
http://www.student.ipfw.edu/~osbodr01/falcon/bird.dat
(How do you attach a file to a message at lugnet without getting it included
in the body of the message?)

Looking at some other dat files being posted, I can see that I did
somethings wrong.  I used points with two decimal while others rarly use
them at all.  Also, I have left the bottom of the bird undone.  On the
piece, this is where the hole for the stud would be.  Is it required to put
it in?  If so, did my use of decimal screw up the use of a primative?

Any suggestions of how I could improve the piece would be welcomed.

Dennis