 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 1186
Re: [Part] 4515p03.dat - Slope Brick 10 6 x 8 with Slate Roof Patt ern
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 14:49:52 GMT

Really, I was able to detect the bleedthrough on the underside.

With L3Lab I heavily rotated the part in all possible directions stopping time to time at the underside. Sometimes I could see some
random blobs.

So I disassembled the part (removed my patterned rectangle) hoping to see some inaccuracies in the pattern but it is totally flat
and continuous.

Than I experimented with the rendering engines in L3Lab (Test menu) and noticed that 1 LDLite engine option can produce funny
results after cca. half minute continuous random rotating. Somehow L3Lab looses some surfaces and forgets drawing them. It is
clearly visible that even the end surfaces of some studs might be missing. Maybe other surfaces too tend to
be lost, so that may cause that upperside pattern becomes visible on the bottom.

I didn't check with MLcad but I suspect that the bleedthrough may come from the rendering engine.

Another possibility could be that since this surface is nearly horizontal and its pattern very complex having a lot of vertices, the
rounding error is responsible for the bleedthrough.

I will further investigate the problem, whether the part or the engine is responsible for the error.

Any help is appreciated.

Ampi

PS. The two posts of the dat files are identical except the line wrapping caused by the wrong setting of the line length in my mail
software, so it is enough to examine the second post.

---------------------------------------
Imre Papp
Geometria GIS Systems House
email: ipapp@geometria.hu
---------------------------------------

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:FvBFw9.LCt@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Imre Papp writes:

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:Fv5s5q.6ut@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Imre Papp writes:

When viewed in MLCad:

The first posted  version of this part had some bleedthrough of the
underside tubes and pins... but the version referenced does not.... is that
due to the line length correction?

I like this part a lot, it will be very handy, if it gets approved.

++Lar

Thanks Larry, I'm happy that you like it.

No. The linelength correction refers only to a change Outlook to avoid line wrapping, there were no other changes in the file.

I will further investigate the cause of the bleed-through before I submit to Steve.

Can someone else try looking at both the first and second versions of hte
part and see if they see bleedthrough? It might have been me. I was viewing
it with MLCad 1.7

++Lar