 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / *5027 (-10)
  Re: POV in Part

(...) Here's a small program to dump the file out as text so we can examine the unknown 8 bit value. It looks to me like it contains some flag bits. Only 3 bits seem to be used (0x01, 0x02, and 0x80). From the output it appears as if bit 0x80 (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: POV in Part

(...) I agree to that, but since POV-code will be between IFPOV and IFNOTPOV codes will it matter that much? (...) There I disagree: the reason I ask is because of the macaroni-brick. I tried (fairly succesfull) to write the main part as POV-code (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: POV in Part

(...) Since L3P already supports the LGEO part library, is it possible to just add new LGEO parts and have L3P automatically use them? The only problem I see with this is that the .tab files in the LGEO library are binary files, but the format of (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: POV in Part

(...) I'm not too keen on this idea. While POV-Ray is a nice tool and freeware, I'd like to avoid dedicating ourselves to one tool, not to mention the size increase on all the files. If all you want is nice looking parts for POV try a combo of (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: POV in Part

Steve Bliss <steve.bliss@earthlink.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:70ncevsg5a3ulag...4ax.com... (...) I think we could, but where can I find the POV-code expressions? CU Bernd (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: New parts - Aquanaut Door and Door Frame

(...) Sorry, I missed it. :/ (...) That is correct. (...) My general rule is to always double-space before a single-digit dimension. I can't think of any situations where we've got three-digit dimensions, so the double-space rule should work. Steve (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: POV in Part

(...) I'd rather not. But I might be outvoted. If people are really hot on POV-code parts, could we start working on a fully LDraw-compatible POV-Ray library of parts? Steve (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Primitive part file reviewing on the Parts Tracker

Hello all parts authors, Here is a note to say that I have been studying Primitives in detail lately. I will be making some changes on the primitive reviews I have made recently. So some parts will probably come off the certified list until the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts.primitives)

  Re: 30104 Chain - Generate it!

Thanks, guys, but I'm looking to more physical realism in my renderings than a formulaic (synthesis) approach will deliver. 2 chains will be securing a stack of logs (made of 9 2x2 round bricks) on a train car. Not only do the chain ends attach (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: 30104 Chain - Does it exist?

Thanks, Thomas! No wonder I couldn't find it. the 208/209 parts designator threw me. Now for the tedious task of manipulating each link by hand. If only there were a "drape" function in MLCad! ;) ---Will (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact