 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / LEGO Sets / 104
Re: Set ???? Star Wars B-Wing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 19:40:13 GMT

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, John VanZwieten writes:

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote in message

I think all the black (except for the six guns) on the
wings should be dark gray.  Can't say for sure, though.

I agree here.  I'm also thinking the 1x1s behind the antenna guns should be
round.

That was my thought, too.  Guess I forgot to look at that part of your • model.

I think the trans-red 1x1 plates should be solid red, and the 1x1 • cylinder
plates on the guns should be trans-orange.  Again, I can't be certain.

Hmmm.  I hope the guns are tr. red, but they could well be orange.  Quite • hard
to tell with the way TLG messes with trans. colors in their pictures.

Why do you want them trans-red?

I just like tr. red better than tr. orange--esp. with black.

Also, I need suggestions as to how the whole thruster thing on the back • is
connected.

-John Van

Well, it looks like the blue in the back is at least two plates thick.
Maybe part of it is a 1x2/1x4 bracket?  Add a second one, and I think • that
is how the thrusters are connected.

I'd say that's a splendid guess.  Thanks for all your input.  What do you
suppose that half circle behind the pilot's head is?

-John Van

Ya got me on that one.  I'm leaning towards a light or photographic artifact
right now, as it doesn't seem centered on the cockpit.  It does seem • centered
on the pilot, and at this angle, it doesn't make sense to me.

My thought was a 2x2 rounded top brick with a pattern used as a headrest, but
a 2x2 doesn't really fit in there.

Also, looking at the thrusters, the posibility occured to me that they are • two
black 2x2 cylinder plates topped by a trans-red one.

Yeah, I can't tell if those are black plates or just shadow on a red cylinder
brick.  I keep wanting to put tr. red radar dishes back there (that's how I
would have made it), but I think the studs are pointing toward the back.

Oh, and the piece right
below the 1x2 slopes behind the canopy appears to be a 1x1 cylinder.

Excellent call!  I looked at that for a while and it just didn't make sense.
Probably makes it easier for the canopy to close.

-John Van