 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / LEGO Sets / 103
Re: Set ???? Star Wars B-Wing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 19:08:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, John VanZwieten writes:

Jeff Stembel <Dragonelf1@aol.com> wrote in message

I think all the black (except for the six guns) on the
wings should be dark gray.  Can't say for sure, though.

I agree here.  I'm also thinking the 1x1s behind the antenna guns should be
round.

That was my thought, too.  Guess I forgot to look at that part of your model.

I think the trans-red 1x1 plates should be solid red, and the 1x1 cylinder
plates on the guns should be trans-orange.  Again, I can't be certain.

Hmmm.  I hope the guns are tr. red, but they could well be orange.  Quite hard
to tell with the way TLG messes with trans. colors in their pictures.

Why do you want them trans-red?

Also, I need suggestions as to how the whole thruster thing on the back is
connected.

-John Van

Well, it looks like the blue in the back is at least two plates thick.
Maybe part of it is a 1x2/1x4 bracket?  Add a second one, and I think that
is how the thrusters are connected.

I'd say that's a splendid guess.  Thanks for all your input.  What do you
suppose that half circle behind the pilot's head is?

-John Van

Ya got me on that one.  I'm leaning towards a light or photographic artifact
right now, as it doesn't seem centered on the cockpit.  It does seem centered
on the pilot, and at this angle, it doesn't make sense to me.

Also, looking at the thrusters, the posibility occured to me that they are two
black 2x2 cylinder plates topped by a trans-red one.  Oh, and the piece right
below the 1x2 slopes behind the canopy appears to be a 1x1 cylinder.

Jeff
"Beef Scallion?"